10 Doors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC/Marvel Style

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? Empty
PostSubject: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Caroline woke up to the feeling of something heavy wrapped around her neck and started to panic as she wondered what could possibly be there. Her hands moved and touched the thing with uncertainty, was that a collar? A tiny whimper left her lips as she struggled not to panic even more, any efforts to remove the collar shocked her. When that happened a confused and startled cry left her and she wrapped her arms around her legs as she tried to calm herself.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:08 am

Justin woke up, feeling stiff. Before he could even try to figure out what happened, when a startled cry reached his ears. His head snapped to the left to see Caroline hugging her legs to herself.

"Care..." He said, softly, before moving over to her. "Hey, it's Justin." He said, softly, not wanting to scare her. Though, usually she would have picked up on his scent before he even said a word.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:17 am

Caroline's eyes filled with unshed tears, "Justin!" She said with clear relief before she hugged him, nearly bumping his head in the process. "The...collar, it hurts." She said with pain in her voice, "I mean I've been through pain before but this is....awful." She added as she burrowed her head in his chest. "Where are we?" She asked after a long pause of her trying to calm down and failing miserably.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:34 am

His arms immediately went around her as she hugged him. He managed to dodge her from almost bumping his head. He hugged her tightly. "Collar? Care, what happened?" He missed what it did, but it made him angry that something hurt her.

"I-I don't know... some kind of room... Here, let me get you off the floor... There's a mattress in here... not sure how comfortable it is..." He said, softly, before picking her up. He moved her over to the mattress and set her down. "Let me see your neck..." His voice remained soft.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 6:02 am

Caroline but her bottom lip, "I felt something around my neck earlier and when I tried taking it off I got shocked." She said. She felt herself slowly relaxing as his arms wrapped around her. Her arms moved to wrap around his neck when he moved to carry her to the mattress. "I'm sure it's fine." She said as he set her down. Once she was on the mattress, she slowly let her arms fall back down. As he asked to look at her neck, she nodded and tilted her head up so he could see her neck better. "I think you have one too." She said after a moment, remembering feeling an odd bump on his neck that felt like the collar she wore.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:07 am

"...Your neck doesn't look burnt... that's good..." Justin frowned, before sighing. "Figures..." He glanced around the room, seeing how sparse it was.

"There's not much in here... a tv that looks like it hasn't been used in ages, black rug, a phone that probably doesn't work... a towel... and a camera on the wall..." He narrowed his eyes at the camera. He glanced at the door. "There's a bathroom, and I think the main door is locked..." He said, debating on checking it or not.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:15 am

Caroline gave a shaky sigh of relief, "Ok...that's good." She said as she smiled with some relief. As he described the room to her, she nodded in understanding. As he mentioned the door, she could tell he was curious about it. "Well if you do look, just be careful." She said as she moved her hands to feel the bed under her. The sheets were dirty, but beggars couldn't be choosers and there were no pillows. One hand accidently ran along Justin's thigh before she realized what she was touching. "Oh! Sorry!" She said and hastily pulled her hand away.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am

Justin smiled at her. "I will be," He told her, before tensing as her hand ran along his thigh.

"N-No, you're fine..." He gave a tense smile, before clearing his throat. Don't jump the family friend... He thought, before standing. "I'm going to check out the door..." He told her, before moving to the door.

She now probably thinks she scared me off... Nice job, Queen... He mentally scolded, before carefully placing his hand on the handle.

Nothing happened.

Narrowing his eyes, he slowly turned the handle, before feeling a shock go through his system. His teeth clenched together as the rest of his muscles tensed up. He couldn't let go until the shock wore off.

When it finally did, he fell back, his muscles spazzing. Damnit!
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:06 am

Caroline winced as she heard Justin walk off, now she had made herself look like an idiot in front of him. No wonder he had walked off so fast. She sighed and continued to examine the mattress with her hands. There wasn't much left to see but she was trying to take her mind off of how stupid she must have seemed. A sudden burnt smell filled the air, "Justin, are you ok?" She asked as she stood up. Having to trust her instincts, she stepped towards where she thought Justin had gone earlier. Upon reaching his side, she reached blindly for his hand. "What happened to you?" She asked as she waited for his answer.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:15 am

Justin grunted, his muscles still spazzing. Breathe, Queen, just breathe...

"Handle... shock..." He managed to get out, before he tried to sit up, wincing.

After a bit, his muscles finally started to slowly calm down, at least enough for him to actually talk. "I turned the handle, slowly, and it shocked me... hard..." He grunted, breathing heavily still. His hand held hers tightly, before he realized he was holding her hand.

"I'm... I'm okay..." He gulped for air for a moment, before shaking himself a little. "Just gotta say... ouch..."
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Caroline allowed him to squeeze her hand, knowing that it must have been really painful. As his grip eased, she lifted his hand and smelled it. A hint of burnt flesh filled her nostrils, "No wonder that hurt, you burned your hand." She said before she raised his hand to her lips and kissed it gently. "Feel better?" She asked as she raised her head to where she thought his head was. She doubted the room had a medical kit and even though it seemed childish she wanted to help however much she could.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 1:44 am

"Metal handle... not fun." He stated, smirking lightly. The archer was surprised when the young girl kissed her hand, but he smiled softly at her. "Much... thanks,"

"...Here, let me show you where the bathroom is, so you don't accidentally grab the wrong door handle..." He said, before standing up, using his good hand to help her up.

Justin led her to the bathroom door, before guiding her hand to it. "This door doesn't have a deadbolt lock on it... only the handle..." He said, softly, as he guided her hand down. slowly to the handle.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:40 am

She winced at the thought of getting shocked like that, "I'm sorry." She said gently as she allowed him to pull her up. She trusted him to lead her in the right direction and made sure to count the distance as he led her right to the door. Her hands felt the handle as she familiarized herself with it and she nodded, "Ok, is there a bath tub or just a shower?" She asked after a moment, after all it would be good for her to know what was available.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:19 am

"Hmm, don't know... let's find out..." He said, his hand still on hers and he turned the handle. They pushed the door opened and Justin took a peek inside.

"Bathtub... shower... toilet.... and a sink, we're good." He grinned, looking around. "Come on, I'll show you where everything is." He said, before he took her on a tour of the bathroom, letting her get a feel of the bathroom and the spaces between everything.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:29 am

Caroline allowed him to show her around and got a feel for the bathroom as she did so, "Thank you Justin." She said a grateful smile on her face once he had finished the mini tour. "Usually I wouldn't have a problem but uh with this collar...well its slightly more difficult then usual." She said with an embarrassed laugh. Her dad would be disappointed that she had gotten to comfortable with her abilities. Granted, they weren't perfect but they did allow her some liberties that she had gotten used too over the years.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:00 am

Justin stared at her for a moment, wishing he had an idea of how to help her out with that... He didn't know what could happen in this place and they could be separated.

Finally, an idea popped into his mind. "Say, maybe I can help you with that? Well, help you learn to still be able to use your senses, even without your abilities?" He offered, leading her back into the bedroom.

Room... back into the room... He thought, scolding himself slightly.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:54 am

Caroline brightened at that suggestion, "You would? Really?" She asked before she hugged him tightly. "Oh thank you!" She said as she held onto him. Suddenly realizing that she was being too impulsive once again, she hastily let go of him. "I mean...great! I would really appreciate that." She said before she cleared her throat. He must think she was really weird....urgh she was acting like a complete idiot around him. As he led her back into the bedroom...no room, just room she tried to concentrate on how many steps it took to leave the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:59 am

When she suddenly hugged him, he hesitated in hugging her back. He felt stupid for waiting too long, because by the time he was going to hug her back, she pulled away.

"It's no problem." He told her, glad he came up with someway to help her out.

When they came back into the room, he noticed a pan with bread and a glass of water. "Hey, you hungry? It's not much, but we've got bread and water..." He offered, sitting her down on the bed, before getting it.

He brought it over to her and sat on the floor beside her. "We can get started after we eat..." He said, tearing the bread. He made sure one part was bigger and gave that part to her. She didn't have to know that his was smaller.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:08 am

Caroline smiled as he led her back into the mattress. "You didn't give me the bigger part did you? Look I know you want to look after me but you're older and taller...you'll need the most nourishment." She pointed out as she took the bread with a frown. Justin was someone who watched out for her and sometimes neglected himself. Although she didn't mind how nice that made her feel, but now they were both stuck far away from home. Besides she didn't want him getting hurt..the thought made her sick.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am

"What? Nooo, it's completely even." How did she do that? He thought, before eating a piece of his bread.

"Yeah, well, you're still growing, Care," he said, poking her lightly in the forehead. "You need it more than I do." He stated, knowing he was right.

"I'm not going to fight with you about this... How about next piece of bread we get, I break it more even, all right?" He offered, not wanting her to worry about him.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 am

Caroline laughed, "Sorry I heard you tear the bread, and since I know you like looking out for me I assumed you gave me the bigger part." She explained with a shrug as she reluctantly ate a piece of the bread. "As for me growing, well I have a feeling I'll always be short." She added after a moment. She took another bite and then held out her pinkie on her free hand, "Promise?" She asked teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:28 am

"See? Your hearing is still good..." He mumbled, with a smile.

"You're still growing in other ways..." He mumbled even quieter, before putting a piece of in his mouth.

He chuckled at her holding up her pink for a pinkie promise. He curled his large pinkie around her small one. "Promise." Justin said, smiling at her with a slightly teasing look.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:34 pm

Caroline shrugged, "Only when I concentrate." She admitted. The trick was not letting her power do the listening. At his other words, she wondered what he meant and then it dawned on her. "You mean puberty huh?" She asked with a little laugh. As he curled his larger pinkie around her smaller pinkie she laughed. "Ok good, remember you can't break the pinkie promise." She said mock seriously.
Back to top Go down
Justin Queen

Justin Queen

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 pm

"You're going to concentrate a lot more often. It'll be one of your best aids." He stated, feeling he was starting to sound like a teacher already.

He rolled his eyes a little. "Yeah, that." He chuckled a little.

His smile grew when she laughed again. "As long as you don't lose your laugh." He insisted, actually serious. Justin would hate it if she ever stopped smiling and stopped laughing.
Back to top Go down
Caroline Creed

Caroline Creed

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Caroline nodded, "Right, I'll have to remember that Professor." She said lightly. A little smile showing at his remark about puberty. "I'll try not too...so long as you can promise the same." She added quite seriously. His laugh had a way of making her feel better about herself. That and his smile, on the rare occasion that he let her see it. "You're one of the nicest people I know Justin." She said after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?   Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the Dark, What Else is New?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next